Thrift Energy Ltd is fully committed to compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and all other data protection legislation currently in force. The Regulation applies to anyone processing personal data and sets out principles which should be followed and gives rights to those whose data is being processed.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you contact us or use our services.
In this Privacy Notice we’ll tell you:
- why we are able to process your information;
- what purpose we are processing it for;
- whether you have to provide it to us;
- how long we store it for;
- whether there are other recipients of your personal information;
- whether we intend to transfer it to another country; and
- whether we do automated decision-making or profiling.
Thrift Energy takes its responsibilities seriously and adheres to the Data Protection Principles as listed below.
When processing data we will ensure that it is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- processed only for the purpose that the data was collected for
- limited to what is necessary
- accurate and kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- kept safe and secure
- only shared with other Organisations who can demonstrate compliance with the regulations
Our contact details
There are many ways you can contact us, including via our contact us page on our website, post, email, or telephone as follows:
Name: Thrift Energy Ltd
Postal Address: Unit 10 Kingsway House, Kingsway, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0HW
Telephone: 0191 284 2424
Collecting and processing your personal data
How we collect your data and the type of information we collect
Thrift Energy Ltd is primarily a Data Controller. We collect the following information from you directly:
- personal data such as your name and contact details (address, email address, telephone number)
- other personal identifiers such as IP addresses, information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website
- Payment and financial details
The purpose of collecting and processing your data
The data we collect, and process is for one or more of the following reasons:
- To respond to an enquiry about our services either via our website, telephone, email or by other means
- To provide you with a quote relating to the provision of Solar PV and/or other energy efficient measures
- To take payment or redirect you to our payment providers to process your payments
- To provide you with an indicative quote where you specifically request one via our Finance Broker
- To register the product warranty and insurance cover where appropriate
- Where you opt in to our marketing mailing services
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations
- To manage our business
- Perform the terms of our contract with you
Your data will not be used for automated decision-making or profiling other than when used for analytical purposes to track usage of our website. In such situations, the data is anonymised meaning you cannot be identified through this means.
Lawful bases for processing
In most cases, the lawful bases or reason(s) for processing your information is:
- When you have signed a contract with us to provide specific services
- To send you marketing about our products and services
- Our legitimate interests
- Where you enquire about our products and services via our website, telephone, email or other means
- When receiving a quote for the provision of our services
- To share your data with third parties for example to obtain a finance quote, obtaining tariff quotes from social energy providers or setting up any insurance or warranty cover
- To notify you of enhancements to your existing Solar PV
- Enable us to administer our website and systems
- Meet our legal obligations
- whereby we may keep records as required to and for a period of time as set out in law.
Where you have opted into our marketing services, you may opt out at any time by contacting us or selecting ‘unsubscribe’ on any marketing emails.
How we store your information, where and for how log
We are committed to ensuring that your data is secure. As such we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard it, including the use of user logins and passwords to our internal systems, secure cloud-based data storage, encryption, anti-virus software and frequent network vulnerability scanning.
All data entered into our website by you is encrypted and securely stored in our internal systems and retained only for the duration required to fulfil the request.
All data entered our internal Customer Management System is stored in an encrypted format. This data may be transferred for storage purposes outside of the UK. Where this is the case, we have entered into agreements to ensure your data is stored and processed securely and in accordance with the relevant law.
Your data is retained for the duration of any warranties or for as long as we are legally required and is erased thereafter. Where you have given us your consent to market to you about other Solar PV or energy efficient measures, we will retain this data until you opt out from this service. You may opt out at any time by contacting us or selecting ‘unsubscribe’ on any marketing emails.
We may retain some data for analytical purposes, however where this is the case, the data will be anonymised and as such will not identify you in any way.
Third parties we share your data with
We use third party organisations to provide elements of our services to you, on our behalf. We have contracts in place with these organisations which means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. They will hold it securely for the purposes of and retain it for the period we instruct.
Where you give us your consent to share data to utilise the services of a third party please refer to their Privacy Notice to understand how they protect your data.
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purpose of them marketing their or other entities services directly to you.
Cookies and usage data
You can opt out from our use of data from cookies. For full details, please refer to our cookie notice on our website.
Data Subject Rights
Your data protection rights
Under the data protection legislation, you have the following rights:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- Please contact us at: email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
In most circumstances, you are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. Should your request be deemed as excessive however, we may levy a charge for this. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
Should you not be entirely satisfied with any aspect of how we have used your data, please contact us directly and we will endeavour to resolve your query as quickly as possible. Should your query not be resolved to your full satisfaction you may also complain to the ICO at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Whenever we make any changes to our Privacy Notice and practices, we will inform you by posting an updated notice on this page.
Contact Thrift Energy
Start saving on your energy bills today – fill out the contact form below and our energy saving experts will be in touch.