This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you contact us or enter into an agreement with us.
In this Privacy Notice we’ll tell you:
- why we are able to process your information;
- what purpose we are processing it for;
- whether you have to provide it to us;
- how long we store it for;
- whether there are other recipients of your personal information;
- whether we intend to transfer it to another country; and
- whether we do automated decision-making or profiling.
Thrift Energy takes its responsibilities seriously and adheres to the Data Protection Principles as listed below.
When processing data we will ensure that it is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- processed only for the purpose that the data was collected for
- limited to what is necessary
- accurate and kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- kept safe and secure
- only shared with other Organisations who can demonstrate compliance with the regulations
1. Our contact details
There are many ways you can contact us, including via our contact us page on our website, post or email as follows:
Name: Thrift Energy Ltd
Postal Address: Unit 10 Kingsway House, Kingsway, Team Valley, Gateshead NE11 0HW
2. Collecting and processing your personal data
2.1 Our role
Thrift Energy Ltd are a Data Controller and registered with the ICO. Registration: Z3656432. Our Data Protection Officer is Sarah Burns who can be contacted at: email@example.com or 0333 202 6397.
2.2 How we collect your data and the type of information we collect
We collect the following information from you either directly:
- personal data such as your name and contact details (address, email address, telephone number)
- other personal identifiers such as IP Addresses you use to access our website along with your usage details.
When you enter into a contract/agreement with us, directly or via one of our sub-contractors, to supply and fit energy efficiency solutions such as home insulation, heating systems and more, we will collect further personal data from you. At this point, you will be provided with the specific details of what additional data we collect and how we process this. The type of additional data we may collect is:
- Payment card details where full funding is not available
- Your name, address, and in some cases your date of birth (so we can check you are eligible for the scheme and contact you regarding your installation);
- Proof of identity (which may be collected to evidence a supporting component or for eligibility evidence);
- Copies of documents showing proof of benefits and income supplied to you by the Department for Work and Pensions, HMRC and the Ministry of Defence (this will be limited to information showing you are eligible for the scheme);
- Your phone number and email address (so you can be contacted as necessary for the Purpose outlined in this notice)
Where we collect sensitive data we will always seek your explicit consent first.
2.3 The purpose for collecting and processing it
The data we collect and process is for one or more of the following reasons:
- When you use our website or to enquire about our services via our website or telephone.
- When you enter into an agreement with us for the supply and fit of energy efficient home insulation and heating systems.
- To enable you to receive grant funding for the supply and installation of energy efficient home insulation and heating systems.
- To comply with OFGEM and any other legal obligations
- To notify you of any enhancements or updates to the services or systems we provided to you.
- Where you gave your consent for marketing purposes. You can opt out of this at any time by either selecting the unsubscribe link shown on any marketing emails or by contacting us directly.
- To manage our business
- Perform the terms of our agreement with you
Your data will not be used for automated decision-making or profiling other when used for analytical purposes. In such situations, the data is anonymised meaning you cannot be identified through this means.
3.3 Lawful bases for processing
In most cases, the lawful bases, or reason(s) for processing your information is in fulfilment of a contract, for example:
- Where you send a query via our website or telephone requesting information about our products and services to help you decide whether to enter into a contract with us.
- In acceptance of our terms and conditions for the supply and fit of energy efficient home insulation or heating systems.
In certain circumstances we also use other lawful bases as follows:
- Where you provide us with your specific consent for marketing purposes
- To fulfil our regulatory and legal requirements
- Our legitimate interests, for example:
- to improve our services;
- to conduct web analytics;
- to administer and protect our business, website and social media profiles;
- for the prevention and detection of fraud and spam; and
- for the establishment, exercise and defense of legal claims
3.4 How we store your information, where and for how long
We are committed to ensuring that your data is secure. As such we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard it, including the use of user logins and passwords to our internal systems, secure cloud-based data storage, encryption, anti-virus software and frequent network vulnerability scanning.
All data entered onto our website by you is encrypted and securely stored for the duration required to fulfil your request.
All data entered into and stored within our internal systems are kept for the duration required in order for us to fulfil our contractual and legal requirements. Where you have given your consent for us to retain your personal data for marketing purposes, we will retain this until you notify us otherwise. You can retract your consent at any time by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.5 Third parties we share your date with
We use third party organisations to provide elements of our services on our behalf. We have contracts in place with these organisations which means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. They will hold it securely for the purposes of and retain it for the period we instruct. The main organisations we share your data with are:
- IT and other software providers to enable us to collect and process data in fulfilling your query, in fulfilment of our agreement with you and for our marketing purposes (based on your consent).
- Health and safety and quality assessors who inspect our work in compliance with OFGEM and other related Regulations
- Payment card processors to take payment for our services.
- Sub-contractors who may undertake the supply and installation of products and services on our behalf
- Funding providers and any intermediaries where our services are eligible for ECO grants
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purpose of them marketing their or other entities services directly to you.
3.6 Third Country Data Processing
There may be occasions, where your data is processed outside of the UK. Where this is the case appropriate organisational and technical measures are adopted to ensure the protection of your data.
Should you require any further information about the circumstances in which processing of your data may be outside of the UK, please contact us at email@example.com
4. Data Subject Rights
4.1 Your data protection rights
Under the data protection legislation, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not normally required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
4.2 How to complain
Should you not be entirely satisfied with any aspect of how we have used your data, please contact us directly and we will endeavour to resolve your query as quickly as possible. Should your query not be resolved to your full satisfaction you may also complain to the ICO at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
5. Changes to our Privacy Notice
Whenever we make any changes to our Privacy Notice and practices, we will inform you by posting an updated notice on this page.