About our Cookie Notice
This notice aims to:
1. detail what cookies we set when you access and use our website at www.thriftenergy.co.uk
2. explain the purpose of setting these cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website, App or other software system such as a website or online portal. Cookies are widely used and can do a number of things, such as remembering your preferences, recording how you use the site as well as counting the number of people looking at and/ or using the site.
We primarily use first party cookies which are those set by ourselves on thriftenergy.co.uk to monitor usage of our site and to ensure your experience when browsing our pages is optimal. We also use data for statistical purposes, where this is the case you cannot be identified as the data is anonymized.
Gaining your consent
Where the cookies we set are not strictly necessary for providing you with our services, we will ask for your consent to collect this data. Our consent is shown when you access thriftenergy.co.uk and enables you to opt into the different types of cookies we use.
How long cookies and similar technologies are retained
The cookies and similar technologies we use are either persistent or session based.
Persistent cookies are files which stay in one of your browsers subfolders until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period set. These cookies are particularly useful for recognising you and your settings when you return to the site and thus improves your overall experience.
Session cookies are temporary files which are erased when you close your browser.
Managing your cookies via your web browser controls
You can use your web browser to:
- delete all cookies;
- block all cookies;
- allow all cookies;
- block ‘third-party’ cookies (i.e., cookies set by online services other than the one you are visiting);
- clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the web without recording your browsing history or storing local data such as cookies (you should however be aware of the limitations of this feature in a privacy context); and
- install add-ons and plugins that extend browser functionality.
To find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers please select from one of below:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our contact details
Contact Thrift Energy
Start saving on your energy bills today – fill out the contact form below and our energy saving experts will be in touch.